11 East Broadway, P.O. Box 190
Red Lion, PA 17356

Red Lion, Pennsylvania

(717) 244-3475

Search Our Site

Penn Waste

Penn Waste 
& recycling 
in Red Lion Borough.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Upcoming Events

No events

How should I dispose of...

My old and unwanted electronic items

A close option is Silverback Recycling located right here in Red Lion at 800 W Maple St. Call them for more info at 717-455-9777 or you can visit their recycling site https://silverback-recycling.business.site/.

Another option is The York County Solid Waste Authority (717) 845-1066 www.ycswa.com
In Pennsylvania certain electronics are restricted by law from being disposed of in the trash due to the toxic metals they contain. The Covered Device Recycling Act (CDRA), Act 108 of 2010, requires the following “covered devices” to be recycled in Pennsylvania:
-Computer Peripherals (keyboard, mouse, printer, etc.)
-Computer Monitors

Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon at the York County Resource Recovery Center (YCRRC) located at 2651 Blackbridge Road in York.  There is no tipping fee for loads consisting solely of electronics.  If delivering other wastes in addition to electronics during the same visit, the entire load will be subject to the YCRRC tipping fee.


Large items such as a sofa, chair, mattress, etc.

You may dispose of one bulk item per week through curbside collection.
For large items to be acceptable, they must be able to be lifted into a truck by two people. Loose piles are not able to be accepted.

Acceptable Items
Appliances such as Refrigerators and Washing Machines
Carpet (48 max. length, rolled and tied)
Mattresses & Box Springs
Car Tires (TIRES ONLY. Must be removed from rims)
Tree Branches & Brush (48 max. length, bundled and tied)
Scrap Metal (48 max. length)

Non-Acceptable Items
Paints, Stain, Chemicals and Liquids
Automobile Parts
Household Hazardous Waste
Tires on Rims|
Commercial and Industrial Waste
Construction Materials or Debris, including:
Treated Lumber
Ceiling Tiles
If you have questions about large item pickup in your area, contact the Penn Waste Customer Service team or call (717) 767-4456 to speak with a Penn Waste representative.


Grass Clippings

The preferred option is for residents to dispose of grass clippings by using a mulching mower, composting, or another environmentally acceptable means.  If you have no other options, grass clippings can be thrown in the trash.


Office paper, junk mail, magazines, catalogs

Continental Paper Grading, 3350 Concord Rd., York, PA 17402
Visit their website at http://www.cpgco.com/waste-paper-scrap-metal-plastic-broker/ or contact them by phone at 717-885-7881 for complete details in regards to their recycling rules.



Please visit our Public Works Department's Leaf Collection page. 


Branches and Limbs

Please visit our Public Works Department's Branch & Limb Collection page.
Penn Waste will also collect branches & limbs every friday as long as they follow these guidelines:

48 max. length, bundled and tied


My cut Christmas tree after the holidays

Please visit our Public Works Department's Christmas Tree Collection page.


Fluorescent Lamps, Ballasts & CFL's

Fluorescent lamps are considered hazardous because they contain mercury. To properly dispose of these items, call the York County Solid Waste Authority at  717-845-1066.


Household Hazardous Waste

To properly dispose of these items, call the York County Solid Waste Authority at  717-845-1066.

Batteries and cell phones

To properly dispose of these items, call the York County Solid Waste Authority at  717-845-1066.